Wednesday 11 August 2021

BFF Sal 4 a double dip

 so I did fit in my two extra hours this week, although it was squeezed in as I had a paper watering can to make for the children's group at Church (as a large envelope) which took a little longer than expected.

Anyway delays aside this is where I got to after my extra two hours.



Made a start on the hills in the background and set up a nice area of sea that can just get filled to allow for chatting time during the Skype session.

And indeed there was chatting this week, quite a bit of chatting about quilting oddly enough, and also trying to decide on a term for those stitches that you suddenly can't see on the pattern as you are in the middle of sewing it. That moment when you know it is time to stop. We played with a few but have not settled on any one that said just how we felt.

So tonight's progress 


I thought I would work on the mountains and finish the blue sea, instead I worked on the foreground and finished the sea. 

Now at the end of each Skype session we hold up our project so we can see how each other's piece is progressing.  If you have used Skype you will know that there is a small picture of you in the corner of the larger view of the other person. So as I hold up my project I can see a tiny picture of it on the screen at the same time. Oddly mine looked so much better tiny!

What do you thing..better small? 



I think that will speak to viewing distance when it is finished and framed and finding a place to live.

As for my friends progress, I am once again struck by the impact of the tree and am a bit regretful that there is so little tree in mine. However, not regretful enough to stitch it LOL.

We are continuing with the two hours stitching off Skype time and the two hours on to keep this moving.  My BFF did tentatively ask what would we stitch next ....

Pop on over to my BFF's blog to see how her extra time and Skype time has gone...and admire that tree.

Click here for link

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It is interesting to see how it looks from further away!
I do like the blue sea on your piece.