Thursday 18 February 2021

Climb every mountain

rather than bluebell woods as noted last week I am pausing until my BFF is ready to backstitch.  So in the meantime and keeping in the nature theme I went mountain climbing instead of the walk in the woods. Not every mountain to be honest,  just Everest. I was up and down both sides of it tonight filling in here and there. 

I am hopeful that in the next session I will finally reach the summit and complete my conquest of the worlds highest Mountain.

I have not taken a picture of the whole piece as if I do the progress is very hard to see, regular visitors will recognise it.


if not well then click here to see the whole thing from my last update. 

It is of course Teresa Wentzler's Millennium.(possibly a reference to how long it is going to take me.

As my BFF is hopeful of two sessions more to finish the cross stitch in our synchronised project  (click here for link to BFF bluebell woods) I am hopeful that the same length of time will see me out of the hills and over two ninjas hunted down, be they full crosses or fractional and be ready to start the over one sections.  Well unless I get distracted and chose to sew on something different next week?


3 comments:

RONI said...

It looks SO close to finishing, I have to zoom in very close to make out the bits you need to fill in now! The whole piece is amazing though, your patience with its complexities and blended threads etc is inspiring!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love a close-up photo, Everest looks amazing.
I'm thinking of starting a TW in 2023. Don't laugh, I really am planning that far ahead!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on Everest and that is an epic stitch!