Friday 16 August 2019

Gifted gorgeousness..knitting

I may not be a knitter of note myself (well unless you are noting how very,very slow I am) however, I have had the good fortune to be gifted some wonderful knits.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to share them as part of the Gifted Gorgeousness link up with Joe over at Serendipitous stitching .

Up first, a cardigan knitted by the same person who gave me my  -first-ever-kit- and she made this pattern up herself to reflect a design I was rather fond of and which has made previous appearances in my blog in other mediums embroidery wood carving


Front

Back of cardigan

Dragon detail

Detail of the back of the design.
She also made this jumper for my mother with a Peter Rabbit theme.  It was too big and warm for my mother but me I like big. And it was great to take camping.  It makes a great shawl, was a comfy pull over anything jumper. And stuffed into a bag it made a brilliant pillow. It is so big the sleeves go corner to corner on a double bed, I have to roll up the sleeves to get my hands out (or unrolled I don't need gloves)


Peter Rabbit jumper

Basket detail

Close up of Peter Rabbit

This next Cardigan was knit by my BFF's mother (so you see I only avoid her with my knitting). It was a bit big when I got it  but remember I like big.  It is less big now, not because it has shrunk..noooo it is the other reason.






My BFF made me this one, she thought the wool looked like dragon scales as it knit up.  This one is now a tad tight..I wonder why. Hmm It is a bit wrinkled in this picture.




And for work, as I hate drafts and being cold and the air conditioning in an office makes both, she made me this neck wrap and matching finger-less gloves.


4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with your beautiful knitted gifts. You really do know some talented knitters, these are stunning! Especially the first Dragon one.

Ariadne said...

I especially like the first one. I always admired people who could kniw so complicated patterns. AriadnefromGreece!

DJ said...

Oh my goodness, you have some lovely knitted gifts there, such talented knitters! My Mother was like that, however I guess I didn't inherit that gene! LOL You are fortunate to know so many lovely knitters!

Julie said...

A lot of hard work has gone into these lovely clothes, well done to the knitters.