Saturday 24 August 2019

Sampler quilt ..Triangles to block

So last time I had the triangles into squares and was quite pleased with it.

Then I took a better look at them and realised there was a good bit of squaring up to do.

That is not as bad a thing as it might have been, it gave me the chance to make use of the smaller of two square rulers I bought some time ago.



I had several options for the arrangement of the half squares , I shared them on my last post and after some deliberation I was thinking of doing this one.


I still quite like it, but once I had the squares joined into the diamonds, well I had another play with the arrangement and my mother liked this one (not previously an option considered)

So that is the one I have done.



Now as it was coming together I could tell there would be issues with the points.  But as I said to my mother getting this block perfect would just ruin the whole aesthetic of the quilt.  She had a good chuckle at that one.  I have learned some things and that is part of the reason I am doing this sampler quilt journey.  

I have from the outset planned to follow the book, patterns and techniques.  There is a pattern coming up that I am less then enamoured of and a technique that looks perhaps a step more complicated than I feel up to trying, I may change my mind by the time I get to that pattern but I am not sure.

I guess only time will tell, an applique is the next chapter and it is making me think about the material choices and reviewing the past blocks.



No comments: