Sunday 18 August 2019

Sunday Stitching

and back to Tom Mouse.  Who at least so far has had all his colours provided in the set which makes me happy. 


I found it interesting in one of the talks today, how individuals look to the things they are familiar with and know well to explain certain principals.  In effect modern parables.  It reminds me that understanding references (and hopefully ones in common) are an important part of understanding both for scriptures and for everyday interactions.  

For sewers of cross stitch  tweeding or blending, ninjas and confetti mean something considerable different to non-stitchers. For quilters batting has no connection to bats, we all speak themed languages even if we do not always realise it.  At work we are advised to avoid jargon however in any field there is a tendency to try and get a concept into as few words as possible and that leads to jargon. 

Since last Sunday, in addition to the progress on my long term cross stitch project I also had a little request for Church.

I was asked by the Primary President to sew the CTR shield onto a soft toy, a large lamb to be exact.

After some consideration, I asked if sewing it onto a waistcoat would be OK as it would be easier than sewing onto the fur fabric.  She agreed.

I don't exactly do clothing, I had no pattern but I did have some brown paper and a measuring tape so I made a pattern.  Then I added the shield using fabric markers.  It looks OK and was handed over today.  








I think I shall miss him sitting on the edge of the sofa waiting to go back to his Primary home.

He has a nice face.

No comments: