Sunday, 16 August 2026

Sunday Stitchings 16.08.2026

 and a bit of a surprise even to me. Having finished the Kittens last week and as noted wondering which way to go with this next, I expected I would choose a small kit that I don't have in common with my BFF and do that.

Something small, simple, most probably on 14 count with all the threads to hand.

That is not quire what happened.  I went to get a little kit, got my eye on something else that has not had an outing for some considerable time.

Not on Aida, never mind 14 count. Not small, well the project isn't, the stitching size one over one so yeah small. Were all the threads at least with it?

No, they may have been once upon a time, but as other projects needed them some have been utilized elsewhere then put back in the main thread storage box.

Was I at least working on a simple fill of block of stitches.

That would be another no. 

Millennium, the one over one earth in Teresa Wentzler's Millennium. So confetti ninjas.

I was still not feeling up to the Comet but I did manage to find and fill a few stitches whilst also watching the talks at church.  The first speaker noted he was substituting for the person originally called and had only found out after midnight on Saturday they would not be able to do it, and he felt that was a bit late for him to assign anyone else so he was doing it.  My mother and I smiled at each other, we have both on more than one occasion arrived at church and been asked to give a talk when someone had not arrived with five mins notice.  Indeed I had to do that so regularly I started having a just in case talk tucked into my scriptures.  Todays last moment talk was very good and engaging.  Which was a good counterpoint to the sewing.













I think I have everything south of the equator filled in now. There are still quire a few stitches to go to complete the earth.

There are even more left to go in the Halley's comet, all pale shades and twisting my eyes. 














My mother asked me her favourite question, is it finished yet! 

No..not yet...sigh!




No comments:

Post a Comment