Saturday, 15 August 2026

Gifted Gorgeousness and a fully finished item.

 I know that the originating blog is no longer in a position to do a link up for this but it still feels nice having  a day especially for sharing things that will be a gift , are a gift or contain an element of gifting.

If you visit and are also sharing something under the GG banner please leave a comment so I can add a link here for others to follow. Perhaps we can do a widget less version of the link up that way.

So to the item, the gift component is the frame and mount. A friend from church was doing some sorting out and she had some frames would I like them. Yes I would, they were larger than I oft use, nice wide wooden frames. 

They have been perused  on a regular basis would the whatever I was making or  had made  fit or be suitable?

In this instance the answer was yes, which was good as I had once again muddled up my measurements and the stitch was not going to fit where it was intended to go. A 26" piece is not fitting into a 25" space. Ah well new project required for that then.

If I had not had a frame to hand and had needed to start the hunt for one goodness knows how long it would have lingered waiting.

It was tight getting the back off, and the mounts aperture was too small, but I have my cutter and making it bigger was an option I accepted. I think resizing a mount is trickier than cutting one in the first place, It was a but wobblier than expected but I can live with it and as it is for me that's OK.

Perhaps more importantly my mother can live with it, so up on the wall it goes.














The difference the lighting makes to the colours...same picture different location.














Weird but also delightful. Also the feeling seeing it on the wall after all the time it has been in my hands, there are quite a few K dramas and C dramas in there.

 and late nights waiting for my Dad to settle to sleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment