Monday, 31 August 2026

Last day of summer, well metrological summer in the UK

 and a little further on with the small, which dare I say it is being fun.













with blocks of colour big enough to feel comfortable but not too big to count.













and made pleasing shapes even before the subject matter became easier to see.














and doing one colour at a time has been possible as new shades are in good counting reach.














There was a pause here, as I wanted to move onto the pink. There have been two shades of teal, two shades of blue and brown but for the pink the key has three shades and I had carded two?  First thought they are very close and I need better light to tell them apart.

Better light and no they are the same shade.  As you may be aware cover kits no longer list the thread numbers in the key, just the symbol used and a name, so in this instance I was not sure which I was missing, dark pink, pink or light pink. The magazine has a copy of the cover kit pattern printed in it and that has the thread numbers for the three main threads listed. 

Finding that had to wait a bit but unlike the satin threads which are still conspicuous by there absence the magazine was exactly where I thought it was. 

Numbers obtained it was then a case of checking the threads I had against the numbered threads, I tried the ones in my "not DMC but use the same numbers" BOX   as I expect they and the kit threads are from the same source. No help there, it is not as yet a full set so that was not too surprising.

Next option my DMC Bag of thread boxes and the darkest pink on the key is in there and is darker than the pink I have four strands of so mystery solved and I can stitch again.

I would note that it appears they "as in whoever packed the kit" accidentally  included four strands of the pink in stead of two each of the dark pink and the pink.

A little pause for me but it would be very frustrating for anyone without a stash to dip into  or who had taken it on holiday or into hospital. Hopefully it did not happen to many in those positions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment