Thursday, 13 August 2026

BFF SAL 24 I'm back!

 for this SAL you may recall I have used the count of Aida as per the pattern, the colour sort of as per the pattern in that it is white but it is not the pre flecked stuff the designs normally go on. I have used the colours as stated on the pattern (well eventually after the one issue with the pink) . Then on to the backstitching.

Mouse tail paws and nose "brick red" as per the pattern, mouse fur again as per the pattern. Round the eye in a darker brown all going OK.

Then onto the sweet pea plant which the key tells me should be in dark charcoal grey. A few stitches in and no! I don't like it, it feels too dark, too solid next to the delicate tones of the mouse.

Hold it up to the camera for my BFF to see. Oh very dark she agrees. Out it comes, hmm what to use instead. BFF holds up hers, she had decided to use a different shade (perhaps her blog will tell you about that choice) which was a mid-dark brown. OK will give that a go then as looks alright on Roni's.

Same number of stitches in for that and .... no not working for me.

Third time lucky and I am happy with this choice.





















using the darkest of the three greens from the pea pods as the backstitch on the pods and next time on the stems. My intention at this point is to use the darkest pink from the flowers to backstitch the flowers.

So the diverging from the pattern me is back, I did not manage to stay on pattern for the whole project!

At time of posting my BFF has not updated, she is a busy lady. Keep an eye on the side bar for that appearing, I will add a link as soon as an update appears.

we do have plans for the BFF 25 (wow) but not a big  project , something small and we hope quick whilst we contemplate what our next larger project may be.

Indeed there may be a run of smalls as Roni calls them then a move to a seasonal stitch with that deadline which unmoving year after year always appears to come as a surprise of sorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment