Friday 10 March 2023

A set of four

coned Christmas decorations.


 from left to right in the order they were sewn Santa, Fairy  ,  Elf and Angel

They are all made with vinyl evenweave.

when completing the  Angel to add the halo I added wire to the bottom of the cone. Whilst that was initially done to support the halo it made the base firmer and I then did the same with the Elf.

Santa and Fairy had been in hiding so at that time avoided the addition of wire.

However, on finding them I had a thought about adding the wire differently. The wire is the spine from a used and to be discarded spiral note book. Straitening it to make a smooth hoop is a bit of  a pain. (I had already smoothed out wire bits to hand previously) and I wondered if fitting the wire still coiled would work.


It does, and it is more resistant to squashing. It is a bit more difficult to sew in as the trailing end of thread constantly tried to snag and hang up in the coils.

So I am undecided which I prefer.

There may still be future embellishment on the bottom edge of the Santa,Fairy and Elf . The Angel is all finished!

 

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely collection and a great way to recycle the wire too.