Thursday 21 October 2021

BFF Sal 5 the Christmas one

 this evening the first plan was to finish the foreground and path then make a decision about the big onion.

The path and sides near as my meandering view of the pattern completed I added some "off pattern" single strand half stitches to blend them in a bit as all that white was not working for me.

My BFF felt this addition was really procrastination so I would not have to make that decision.

She is right and ironically the step to backstitch before progressing on the design that she considered last week I took this week as further avoidance of the onion.

So here it is with one wider bottomed than called for sheep and one shepherd appearing out of the blobs.


As anticipated the backstitch is making a lot of  difference and I am hoping that looking at it, staring at it even before next week I will make that much put off decision. I am strongly inclined towards leaving off the element of the design that is irking me. However, what to replace it with is still just a nebulous thing.

It is funny, although there are elements of this that I do not love and I have had more than one happy accident when working on it I am enjoying the process. And the freedom for chat.

To see how my BFF's interpretation of the design has gone CLICK HERE

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh yes, the backstitch does make a real difference! Very interested in seeing this onion now!