Friday 9 April 2021

In celebration of 10 years

of Serendipitous Stitching...not that I have been along for the ride since the beginning (my loss) and you can see how Jo is celebrating by following this link she has given us the opportunity to celebrate along with her by answering these ten question for ourselves.

 1. The tenth project you completed

On dear, I have no idea what this might be, before I started blogging myself I was not by any means a record keeper...hmm this may not go well... can I add something I think I completed when I was 10 instead..(I might have been just say 11) 




2.    The tenth blog post you made

Oh I think I might be able to answer this one...well as relates to my craft blog at least.

It was some of my school stitching proof-positive and the sorry fact I did not know you needed to separate the threads! 

But if it was truly the tenth blog post ever, well then that would be am-i-seated-comfortably from my first (not sewing or craft) related blog.

3.    The tenth blog in your blog roll (or your reader or however you follow blogs)

Ah well that would be Jo over at Serendipitous stitching....how serendipitous it that! 

4.    A designer you have stitched more than ten designs

Oh dear, no don't think I can do this either yet, I may well get there with the Country Companions Designs but I don't think I am there quite yet. 

5.    A project that took/is taking more than ten years to complete

Hmmm...from thinking about it, or buying the pattern or making that fist stitch...probably, currently Teresa Wentzler's Millennium.  Mind if you include finishing time..well there is a project I have not as yet shared  
that has been waiting to be framed longer than I have been stitching Millenium...oh the shame! And I think it may wait till it is framed to get blogged about. Oh I know..this one 


which also leads into the next question....

6.    A design on the theme of "ten"




Thank goodness for the advent!


7.    The tenth colour on your current project.  Do you use this colour a lot?

Current project...well the most recently picked up and sewn on  has 520 dark fern green. I don't think it is one I use a lot as the number did not immediately invoke the colour of it in my mind.


8.    Your tenth WIP for WIPocalypse, WIPGO or whatever list you make

Not something I am actively doing. I have a little book I put things "to do" in, call it my to do book (yup very inventive title that) but it covers more than sewing or even crafts, so not sure the tenth waiting to be completed entry qualifies.  Do I have ten WIPs..hmmm let me think I have four cross stiches on the go at the moment, Millennium, the Celtic cross, just started..the Country companions which will be my Sunday stitching if church attendance gets back to normal and the flowers of the the year (been awhile since that came out to play) four quilts, the sampler with the top done waiting for a quilting design, one sandwiches ready to quilt and two bits a quilts with a ways to go, then there are the Sunbonnet Sues  (hmm than makes nine and the embroidery of Angels OK I will count that as number ten and take the opportunity to do a little update. 


working on those draped sleeves and wanting them done so I can start on the robes (angel faces in Millennium may well come first)

9.    Your tenth finish this year (or last year if you haven't finished ten so far this year)

Hmm not sure, trying to check back on the blog and I keep loosing count of finishes mixed up with the ongoing projects.


10.    How has your stitching style changed in the last ten years?

I had not given that a lot of thought....well other than knowing now to separate the threads I think what I see in my head still challenges what my hands and eyes can accomplish. But perhaps I am not the best judge of what has changed or indeed stayed the same...if you have visited the blog and seen my projects past and present perhaps that is a question for you to answer, go on the comments box awaits.


So there are my ten answers such as they are, if you did not come here from Jo's blog pop on over there and look at her ten...they are much more impressive, the link is at the top of this post. Oh and no picture of me at ten either. 

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you so much for joining in! I do love a trip down Memory Lane.
The swan you made when you were 10 is lovely. It's nice that you still have it. I must photograph my Binca mat I made at Primary School too!

jocondine said...

Thank you for sharing lovely memories. Such a nice idea this tenth bloganiversary post. xxx

RONI said...

Some great shares that even I'd not seen before! I don't think anything I made at 10 has survived this long, so I'm very impressed by that (although not surprised by it, knowing my friend as I do LOL)

Tiffstitch said...

So nice to read about different things with your stitching! Stay well.

Annie said...

Haha, such an enjoyable read:D I decided to just skip a couple of Jo's questions which I had absolutely NO IDEA about. Glad to see I'm not alone in having a less than perfect record of my projects :D