Thursday 15 April 2021

Gifted gorgeousness link up April 2021

So on the 15th of the month Jo at Serendipitous stitching  has a post link up for stitchy themed gifts, either items received or items created as gifts.

I initially shared the start of this back on 16 December 2020, and there were guesses it was a mouse from that little pink nose. I will admit I delayed posting the finished item not because I was waiting for it to be gifted but because I sent a picture of the finished item to the publication that the source design came from and I have waited a bit in case it was used in the letter page and I could add that to the blog...not as yet.

So my friend has a Jack Russel called Dolly she is his best pal. I had thought about doing a picture of Dolly but never got around to doing anything about it.

Then in a regular "sew your pet feature" Durene Jones did a dainty pattern of a |Jack Russel and as I looked at it I realised the pattern was going to be one I could modify to make it look like the markings on Dolly.

                                                            So I did and here she is.




And against the original colour way in the magazine.




I enjoyed the process, and it was not a bad match to Dolly, OK in normal crafter mode I will say I felt I did not get some of the face shading quite dark enough for her face but it was a lot closer than I would have managed without the wonderful start pattern and base shades. of the original piece.

Oh and this is Dolly



Now if you did not arrive her from Jo's blog then pop on over and see what she and the other participants have been giving and receiving this month. 

(oh a little update added December 2021 as my e-mail was published in The World Of Cross Stitching Jan 2022 edition yup I subscribe at the moment and got it early)


click here for link

4 comments:

DJ said...

Awww what a cute pattern, and I think you did really well matching the colors of Dolly! What a treasure you have created for your friend, I'm sure he will love it! Well done!!

RONI said...

It's a great likeness for Dolly, and from the adventures I have seen of her on Facebook, it seems to capture her spirit as well x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I think that's a great likeness and I'm sure your friend loved it too.
I can't get on the computer until tomorrow so my post is delayed a bit longer!

jocondine said...

Hello Dolly! The colours are great and the pattern perfect. What a cute dog and a nice gift to be treasured. xxx