Wednesday 14 April 2021

BFF Stitch along number 3 week two

and before I start talking about the stitch and my progress I have a small technical announcement for anyone that is currently or is thinking about following my blog by e-mail , blogger is advising that the widget that provides  the e-mail to you is being withdrawn so from August 2021 you may need to change how you follow (if indeed you do).

Right back to the sewing, round the cross in what I would call a very pale yellow but the pattern describes as very light old gold so that I can get the jump off for the top and bottom bars and move to the corners.

This choice of what to stitch next is predicated by the mistake made last week and my planned work around.

I had not quite finished the second corner when it was time to stop, running over as might have been the case in previous weeks was not an option.  Why? Well the Great British Sewing Bee was starting tonight and watching with my mother is a tradition. My Bff gave me special dispensation to finish that bit off outside our sewing session.  She is, as you will see over at her blog, romping away with this pattern, she may expand on our theories for that on her own blog.


For some reason this week my brain was struggling with the fractional stitches and how to place them and keep the count on the curves of the cross, happily things had settled down as I reached the fractional stitches in the corner circles.

Here is the link to my BFF's blog, Click Here

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the cross, this one seems to be growing quite quickly. Although being a TW I am sure there are some tricks waiting for you!