Thursday 4 March 2021

Sewing with two needles

 I mentioned last time those 9.5  blended stitches to finish off the mountain. Now the thing about blended stitches in a Wentzler design is you are blending multiple combinations from the same range of threads so you can end up with the single strands of the shades being used at different lengths.

So I might have one strand at 6 inches and another at 8. That gets on my nerves if I only need the one stitch in that blended shade. Uneven tails just don't work.

So this time I threaded up two needles with the the single strands for the two required threads and stitched them that way. half stich with one needle and shade, same half with the other needle and shade then repeat for the top stitch. Totally illogical I know but doing it that way was less irritating for me and reducing irritation when ninja hunting is important.

I did manage to finish the mountains..yeah! And find a few more ninjas ..... double yeah! 


So that means it is time....time to fill in some of those empty spaces stitching one over one, and the best bit.......

no blending big YEAH!

Now you can pop on over to my BFF's blog and see how she is progressing with bluebell wood, (she might even mention the little blue man in the green coat) and perhaps you can guess when we might both be onto the backstitch and once more be in tandem. 

Click to link to BFF's blog

3 comments:

RONI said...

I did indeed talk about the Blue Man, I can't unsee him now!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a neat way to stitch the blends.
I just cut two lengths the same and put them on a thread card together with the symbol. Any spare goes back on the card for those missing Ninja stitches!

Faith... said...

Wow you have really come a long way on this piece! I hate blended threads also and never thought of stitching them your way so I hope I remember this trick when I need it.