Thursday 25 March 2021

BFF stitch along blue bell woods

 well I have finished the backstitching and so bluebell woods is complete, well except for the finishing. I have a frame I think will do but I have to sort out a mount.


I am rather pleased with the way it turned out, there were moments that I was not so sure however as often is the case the backstitch has made all the difference.

We have not settled on a next project and there is time to do that as next week we won't be sewing next week as my BFF has a life event taking priority.

I apparently backstitch that bit faster so my BFF did not quite get finished on the night, however she has the special dispensation this time to finish up outside of our normal sewing sessions.

I did a bit of work on the cross stitch angels, and I do mean a little bit, about 9 stitches (it would have been more but I had to do the nine three times, sew them, unpick them and then sew them in the right colour) so no picture this time. 

So pop on over to my BFF's blog to see how hers is progressing click here

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful finish, the backstitching really does bring those bluebells to life.

Astrids dragon said...

This piece really turned out fantatic! I'm looking forward to seeing it framed.