Saturday 25 July 2020

Socially distanced walk and what next

In my (our if you are popping over to my BFF's blog too) last update on our stitch along it was noted this week there would be a change.  No stitching but an in person get together and a walking chat, weather permitting.

Well the weather was looking reasonable (for that read not wet) so we had our plans in place, indeed I also had a plan B, clear plastic umbrellas, just in case.

So we walked and we talked and we talked and we walked, after two hours my joints were noting there had been much more walking than talking in their opinion. Not the case just my "walking" muscles have had less practice lately than my talking ones.

So within the talking we firmed up our next in tandem project, I had mentioned before that for ease we had looked for a pattern we would both already have and as the book options were not acceptable to both that we were looking to the patterns in a magazine we both certainly had.


Why did we both have it, because of the letter pages, one page in particular, well one letter and its accompanying photograph. Normally with magazines at some point we pull them apart and just keep the patterns we like or think might come in handy. But this particular issue we had hunted down to have a copy.

It has featured on my blog before (Click here for link to full post) .  So you can see why we both had it.

The cover kit was a long ago already completed item for both of us so that was out of the running (I did not bother with the beads, you just know I still have then waiting for a suitable project) 

I quite liked the costumed dolls but not BFFs taste, fair enough I had vetoed just about all of the stuff in books before we got this far.  Then we hit on the one to try. Bluebell wood by Joanne Sanderson. Not too big not too small and it would be the first time of using a variegated thread in a cross stitch (I have of course used it before lots-of-little-knots) so it would be a something new.

I anticipate a separate post on preparing to start this project before the actual made a start post, not quite ready for that just yet however, I can say it looks like the variegated thread won't be the only new thing for this project.

Now as I post this my friend does not have her update done so I can't link you to it, but as soon as that changes I will add in the link.



2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I don't have this issue as I can't go and look for the chart!
How wonderful to be in the magazine. I have featured a few times and it's always good to see your name and photos in print.

Faith... said...

That was a special honor to have your piece in the magazine! I am looking forward to seeing the two of you post about your new stitch.