Thursday 9 July 2020

Lockdown stitch along..sewing up time

time to take two cross stitched squares and turn them into a biscornu.  Here is maybe a point at which the mental link to my other hobbies maybe caused a little issue. 

As the way to do this would be face to face and then turn it out (or bagged out) I have done it with various previous projects like the Dolly Bag for my friends wedding of the tail for Giles Gentlemouse's tale.

Of course this is stiffer stuff.

So corner of one square to middle of the other, face to face


It is a bit strange looking



Pulling it through, turning it out, well that was an interesting experience to put it mildly, small space stiff material.  During my vocalisation of the difficulty of the process and wondering a bit too late if the turn out was the way to go my BFF noted she recalled there being some directions (Id only printed out the pattern and she thought it was for turning.

As I battled away (small space stiff material) she read the directions out, twice and turning out was not part of them....ah well just as I was thinking I would have to take the stiches out and start again it decided to finally cooperate and out it turned.  That was a relief.





Time to stuff it, at this point the quilting scraps come in handy, little bits of wadding  trimmed from edges of quilts after quilting and before binding are perfect for stuffing.  My BFF was of the opinion that it would not take much given all of the seam material already on the inside.  It took quite a bit of stuffing.  Then stitched it closed.





I am contemplating couching cord around the edge over the join and perhaps adding a hanging loop.  Buttons as well I need to sort out buttons.

Link to Bff's post  to see her progress

Next week may see a finish 

3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The biscornu looks great. I've not made one yet, but I thought they were made by whip stitching the edges right side out rather than having to turn it.

Faith... said...

WOW you did a great job on it and it looks perfect!

Congratulations of the fabulous finish!!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm trying to prep myself for the one I have to put together, yours ended beautifully!