Monday 13 April 2020

Sampler Quilt, final blocks

So for the last two blocks there is the Mooney Block.  I had issues with the stripes ending up the correct width.  I have mentioned before I have issues with straight lines and measuring, quilting is an odd craft to chose therefore.  

So the block is not perfect but it was interesting and the part sewn seam method was the easiest bit of it.

It will need sizing up for the final top, but then quite a few do.

Mooney block

And the last one.

Snail Trail

I expected this to be easier going as I have in the past used this block for a full quilt. I thought wrong and I had issues, a bit of uniquifying and it is saved enough to use.

I think the question of layout for the blocks and what material to be used on those that need enlarging will be something to do in combination. 

I am half enthused at the thought and a little daunted too.   

Oh and I have been soaking the squares from the Chorley pattern books to get the paper labels off and finally make some use of them.

This is the second batch drying.




I have started on a postage stamp quilt with the first batch and will post about that separately at a later date.

3 comments:

Faith... said...

Very pretty squares! That will be my next project someday, making a quilt!

Bethan said...

Those blocks look amazing! Lovely colour choices too x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful blocks, these look very complicated to make!