Thursday 30 April 2020

Lockdown stitch along week four

and after the unpicking and re-stitching at the end of last week I was raring to make some progress and have a smooth stitch on  Tulip Biscornu by Durene Jones. which my BFF and I are doing as our very first stitch along.  We have done a shared project before afghan-alphabet but that was more a shared single project.

I managed this time to just need a few minor corrections as I was going and to stop in a place that will give me a very easy filling in as a starting point for next week.



the pale purple will fill in the wedges inside the blue.  The green stems and leaves for the flowers on the design make it easier to see the four flowers that will make up the middle of the design.  My BFF notes that hers, without the green looks more like a single flower. 

So you can pop on over to her blog to see how hers is coming together.

At the moment this arrangement is replacing our normal gettogether because of Covid 19 lockdown however, as it is working quite well it is also alleviating some concerns about how we will go on when my friend moves closer to her job and further away from me.

Reduced face to face visits interspersed with out new technological get togethers to keep things running smoothly. 


4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work. I only have one local stitchy friend but we are managing to keep in touch via FB messenger.

Faith... said...

I can see your tulips! I love the purple and blue combination. How nice to have someone to stitch with even if it is via the computer.

Julie said...

Nice progress..
I belong to a craft group at the community centre and lots of the people are older so don't do internet things, we've each been trying to chat on the phone with some of them.

Bethan said...

Lovely work. A great idea to still keep in touch with stitchy friends x