Monday 16 December 2013

Celtic knot Christmas decoration


This is a knot made of metallic thread couched down.  Then I filled in the spaces with blue and green thread.

It would have been one of my holiday knots done with variegated thread but I got the iron too hot when transferring the design and scorched the material.

So something that scorched stiff material would work for and needing to be solid thread was the solution.

Glued some stiff material on the back (sandwiching the shop bought tassel  in between) and it was all ready for the tree.

I like it and I keep intending to make more on purpose rather than as a fix to a mistake but I have not gotten around to it yet!

Oh and it still manages to be a holiday memory keeper as I bought the tassel on holiday and perhaps I should call it store bought.

No comments: