Sunday 27 October 2024

Sunday Stitchings back on track

 it has been a few weeks without Sunday Stitchings due to a cold that settled in that I did not want to spread and then a migraine.

Its nice to be back at Church. 

Added some light grey this week 


not easy to see on this picture, but it is there on the ears and just a few stitches in the middle.

There was a bit of crafting in Primary as well, we were learning about letting our light shine and being like Jesus. So we made candles from sticky backed foam.

The children were tasked with pitting their finished candle somewhere they could see it to remind them to each day try and be a light to their friends and family by doing good things.

I got to make one for myself (in between being in charge of the scissors and cutting the pieces as instructed by the children who are mostly still too young for very sharp scissors) and of course I have the same task as the children.


I just happen to have a wall sconce so out came the wax candle that was in it and in went the foam one.  Oh and the back of the card has a holographic surface you can see reflected in the mirrored section of the wall sconce.

I quite like the fake candle in place of a real one, although perhaps not quite the colour scheme I might have chosen, this was based mostly on the bits left after cutting pieces for the children.

Perhaps at some point I will make a fake candle more reflective of the sconce and the other items displayed on the same wall.

But for the moment it is certainly going to catch my eye and act as the intended reminder.



No comments: