Thursday 25 July 2024

There is no Frog for ceramics

 in my previous post a-relief-society-crafting-trip about painting underglaze on a mug I noted I would not know how well it went until it was fired.

Unlike my stitching projects where mistakes can often be corrected by unpicking or Frogging, what you get after firing is it.

So, I worried that the blue background might be too dark for the black lettering to show up. That was not an issue, it came out much lighter. I wondered if the little stars would show up, they didn't but that was not too disappointing. However a related issue is, the thin line of silver that made the F for the FS logo went the way of the stars and so the F , which was already a stylised letter is no longer an F.


Other issue is that two fine black lines in the lettering on the handle have merged to one thicker line. I have not as yet braved checking what that may have changed the word to!

On the positive side the motley effect of the blue, although not intended is rather pleasant, and the silver pale lilac on the moons are also effective and perhaps most importantly the mug is usable.



It does give me a reason to add another link to another performance of the song, just the three group members here, the fourth is serving in the Korean Army till May 2025.


Mind the title of the concert is a reminder there are no stars on my mug, sigh !



No comments: