Thursday 18 July 2024

Hand quilting a panel

 This is the second pre-printed bought  panel I have hand quilted. It is a different mindset to quilting a patchwork top. In some ways it is freeing as it is just following lines and in others , well you have to decide which lines to sew or not.

In addition, when it is a pictorial image and the quilting will show on the back extra care is needed.

 























My BFF likes the back for hand quilting, and I would note that when gifting this the recipient saw the back first and was delighted with that before turning it over to the coloured side.






































It was nice to gift this, I do have another panel the same but I am sure that the hand quilting placement will be different as I expect my choices of which bits to quilt and which to leave will change.






No comments: