Monday 18 March 2024

Now that's a BIG surprise

I was in a charity shop looking around and I saw  two plastic wallets with ship patterns, one is the Heritage pattern you can see here and the other was a page from a magazine. They had both obviously been kitted up by the former owner, with skeins of thread. The patterns are A4 size.

They were worth the price being asked just for the threads even if I never stitch the ships and I was in a mood to spend some money in the charity shop.

Underneath was a little packet with  orange Aida in it for £1.25. I did not bother opening it, I thought it was going to be some random bits and I do like random bits as you may know.

However, when I opened it, well you can see how BIG that piece is! And although it does not show particularly well here it is a light olive green and then changes to the orange. The edge notes the piece as being African Sunset. I wonder if it was created for a particular pattern. Does anyone know?


Well if it is or not I have something to look at and consider. Hey its so big. The BIGGEST piece I have ever had!

No comments: