Wednesday 20 March 2024

BFF SAL 14 The importance of boundaries

 as I worked across the top of the blackwork I realised I had made a couple of mistakes putting a top line in where there was not supposed to be one. As I turned the corner a couple of things occurred to me. Firstly life would be much easier if I was not having to watch were I was going to for the edge.

That was solved by stitching in part of the black edge.

The next thing was if working left to right had felt comfortable but working down over wasn't, there was nothing stopping me turning the piece so I was still working left to right. 

So I did both, and it was making things go much faster.





















My BFF noted that whilst the blackwork felt like it was going fast it also felt slow, as if there was not as much done as it felt like there should be. I understood that and then I realised that feeling had gone away once that black line went it. It stopped it looking like more needed to be added on. 

How much longer on this project for me may depend if I have to go back to add the middle section to the large circular parts of the black work. In the original they are cross stitched squares in a slightly darker shade. Roni has changed them to blackwork squares.

I am not sure which , if any of those I will do.

To see my BFF's progress CLICK HERE

And yes there was still more conversation about Forestella so in line with my BFF's post here is a link to a solo performance by KoWooRim 

(6) 220710 La Vie En Rose 고우림:부티크(KoWoorim: Boutique) 포레스텔라 - YouTube


No comments: