Thursday 28 March 2024

BFF SAL 14 a slight pause

 in working on this, a bit more of a pause than I had anticipated as for some reason this year I am late getting started with my stitching for the Easter Hop, so as my BFF was feeling a little behind on the SAL I started this evening stitching my hop piece which will be getting posted later.

Then I went onto the SAL for the last little bit of the evening.

I finished outlining the edge as I had black in the needle from the Hop stitch and having the edge in did feel like it speeded up the blackwork.

I even managed to get a bit of blackwork in.


My BFF made good progress and there was much laughter over a mutual friend's issue with her car car alarm going off, stopping and resetting during the night. At 3 a.m. she could not stand it any longer and told her husband to get up and go to work (he has his own business with an early start but not that early) so at the least the faulty alarm would be ringing at an industrial estate and not in a residential area disturbing her sleep and that of the neighbours. 

So up he got and off he went and she snuggled back down to get a few hours more sleep......and the car alarm went off!

Yup, it wasn't their car after all. She did call her husband to let him know but he was halfway to work by then.

So in the end neither of them (nor the neighbours) got much sleep.

For my BFF's update CLICK HERE 

And the Forestella song for this post?

Well I went with the Background of the video for the link rather than the song title. This is the first one I came across and it is rather jolly. Although I must admit to not speaking Spanish  and originally having no idea what they were singing. 

Forestella cover "Despasito" (original-- Luis Fonsi) (youtube.com) 

Don't forget to pop by over the Easter weekend for the hop.

No comments: