Wednesday 19 October 2022

Ohps I did it again!

 What you may ask well have I done again, not read the pattern in a kit properly until I was questioning the amount of thread supplied. The first time was yellow thread the second time it was turquoise, and I decided to just go with it both times.

In this instance it is the grey the white, the pink and both shades of teal and I have not noticed until I started the backside foremost bit and realised, I would run out of white. Oddly I think I would have enough of the other colours.

At first, I thought the mistake in counting strands was just in relation to those backside foremost bits and I was happy enough to leave the sections done soe far as the leading edge with the thought that being a bit heavier and getting lighter to the tips through the more obviously feathered bits would work.  So I started with the full stitches in one strand on the wing and although it was a tad annoying, the thread slips out of the needle the appearance was OK, thin but OK.

It is about the point it dawned on me it should have been single strand for the gown as well.

Hmm, actually looking at the coverage in the wings on the single strand I am glad I messed up on the gown and used double.


Regardless of the decision that two was good for the bit done I feel that this project and I need a bit of a time out. My BFF is going to give me that and next week we are going to have a quilting week.

CLICK HERE to see how my BFF is doing 

 

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So was the whole thing supposed to be done with one strand?