Monday 31 October 2022

Halloween Trick or Treat Blog Hopp 2022

Halloween, yes already, that is not a trick time does fly. And the Treat? Seeing lots of spooky stitches as you hop around.

Pop over to serendipitous Stitching (Click Here) for a full explanation and the starting point if you have not come here from there or another hop participant.

This is my themed stitch for this year, completed on material I coloured myself using T Shirt Dye pens.


it did come with red eyed bats on the original pattern, but I was not fond of the bats (don't mistake me I like bats (proof I like bats) just not the ones on this pattern. Oddly at first glance I thought oh lot of black, yet it felt when stitching it there was more grey than black.

They don't have your letter; your letter is here with a former Halloween Hop star Ollie the Owl and his friend Itsy Bitsy.


In this case they are sewn on white, and I just applied a filter to the picture so it co-ordinated with the cats.

And now you have your letter from me follow this link to the next blog and enjoy your hopping. Oh and it would be nice if you left a comment on each hop as you go.. 

Link to marysthread your next blog


9 comments:

Roni said...

I do love this stitch, despite being a Halloween stitch there's something very mellow about the image.

jocondine said...

Those cats are adorable, I love the way you coloured your fabric, very clever. Thanks for the letter, I'll add it in my basket until I'll be able to organize all my "harvest" into a spooky phrase! Happy Halloween! Amitiés. xxx

Gwen said...

Wow! Great job on coloring your fabric. Your stitching is lovely.

Mary's Thread said...

Wow! I am really impressed with your hand colored fabric! It is so perfect for fitting the mood of the piece. It looks like a colored pencil drawing or a pastel. It is really incredible! Happy Halloween!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Superb cats, great work on the fabric. Thank you for the letter, Happy Halloween 🎃

Astrids dragon said...

The kitties look great on the fabric, what a great idea to colour it like that! I have plenty of fabric pens, I might have to try that.
Have a bootiful Halloween!

FlashinScissors said...

Love your kitties! They look fabulous on your hand coloured fabric! I must try that some time!
Thank you for the letter, and a Happy Halloween to you!
Barbara xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Halloween Blog Hop this year. The painted fabric came out really well for that design.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm late coming through, but thanks for the letter! Love those cats.