Sunday 28 July 2019

Sunday Stitching, flowers and ninjas

Petals completed, leaves added it was time for the centre of the flowers.  The pattern called for French knots...well it it can call all it likes I was not feeling it.  So time for a bit of deliberate uniqueness.  No knots, nice soothing cross stitches .


It should be time for the back-stitch, not my favourite thing to do it is still the thing that lifts these designs and gives definition to the flowers.

There was a but implied in that last sentence and that relates to the title of my post as there are a host of ninjas lurking in this pattern.  Tweeding ninjas each and every one.

Blending thread for a stitch here and there is a tad frustrating, I have been here before and am contemplating the same solution.  Start another Ed so that I can do the stitch here and there on this one and then move onto the new Ed 

Looking at the pattern book today and trying to decide which one I want to start next.  Also if I want something small again or go for one of the bigger patterns and of course do I have a bit for fabric a suitable size.

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am just imagining a production line of little Eds!

Astrids dragon said...

This is going to be so cute when you add the backstitching!