Sunday 14 April 2024

Flimsy

 that I see from Facebook groups is the term for the completed patchwork intended for a quilt but not yet sandwiched.

To be honest I have previously most often worked with heavy fabric (curtain weight) so even before quilting flimsy they were not.

However, I have more recently been using lighter fabric and so that tile is more applicable.

I am still in the "want to sew" but not anything complicated. And pre cut stuff is my go to of the moment.

This top is from 2 packs of patterned blue material from Temu. The solid blue squares and the navy blues (the horizontal and vertical are different shades)are from my stash. Some of it is left over bits from the Quilt as you Go blue and white quilt.

I am not sure how I will quilt it, lots of thoughts on that and not even sure if I will hand quilt or machine. There is time as I have a plan to just make flimsies for the moment and then sandwich and quilt later.



I have made a start on the next one and trying out a pattern I have liked but not used before.








No comments: