Saturday 7 January 2023

A bit of embellishment on the Angel.

 When I finished the Angel I mentioned that I might add a bit of lace around the bottom. I did have a look through my lace scraps but nothing quite fit. Too big or too small or too stiff, anyway none of it looked right. So I expected that she would see in Christmas as was.

Then I got my eye on a random bit of trim. You may recall that I tend to keep stuff on the grounds that it might come in handy for something someday. It is always a pleasure when someday and something turns up.

So a little string of pale pink pearls. They were reflective of the pale pink round the edge of the skirt so I thought it might work.

They sewed on with pink sewing thread easily enough and finished off the bottom nicely.  She spent Christmas sitting on a large seasonal paperweight and looked quite happy.


Christmas over and time for putting decorations away and those Deborahzing thoughts started. This is an angel,  I also have a Fairy and I was thinking that an angel with wings needs a halo.

How to do a halo. 

With wire, the white wire that you get in spiral bound notebooks. Yes something else I keep as it might "come in handy". In this instance I bent it into a circle the size of the skirt bottom, then a straight bit going up through the middle of the body with a smaller circle at the top. The large circle of wire was sewn to the bottom, using the same pink thread that held the pearls on. 

The top small circle I covered with gold thread and ta da..a halo.


The elf looks like he approves.


Just in time to get packed away for next year.

Ah well there was a small delay as I decided what elf was admiring was that wire hoop at the bottom and the extra support and shape it gave, so now he has one of his own. No pink pearls but I expect I will find something in my stash of stuff to add something fitting when he comes back out of hibernation next year.

3 comments:

Roni said...

I love it! The halo and the pink beads are entirely ideal for the angel!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You found the perfect embellishments for your angel!

Astrids dragon said...

The perfect finishing touches for her! They both really add to her beauty.