Saturday 24 September 2022

In the Hoop at last

 it has been so long since I completed the top for the sampler quilt and made my attempt at adding a quilting pattern.

There have been some mental reworks but just could not settle on anything.

I think it is the size, and the different blocks and thinking of something that would suit each patch and yet unite them all.

After much delay and contemplation, I am taking a different tack now and after sandwiching the quilt I am going to just take once block at a time and let the threads bring it together.


Progress so far....


as you can see I have picked a very subdued colour for the backing!

3 comments:

Arish said...

Bonita aplicación. BESICOS.

Roni said...

Nice! I love the hot pink, glad you went with that in the end

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s a fabulous colour for the backing. My bathroom used to be painted that shade of pink!