Wednesday 7 September 2022

BFF SAL oodles of fun

 as bit of a surprise this week, we are back to the SAL, well sort of we are on a same yet different theme. I will touch on the sameness in a moment, we had not intended or anticipated having something to work on "together" just yet, but my BFF made a suggestion, I made a counter suggestion and here we are both content with the projects chosen.

So the sameness...the projects are seasonal, the base material and the original source is the same. The finish is roughly the same, they don't look much like they will yet and we are having lots of fun stitching them.

Here is my progress for the evening, I would say I had completed all the stitches in two of the colours (I could but I better not as when I said that during the sewing session new stitches in that shade appeared on the pattern out of nowhere just to spite me) 


now I know what I think this looks like, I won't say in case I influence you, but what does it make you think of? Whilst discussing it my BFF and I recalled something of a similar sound from our childhood and an album we both at one point owned (oh alright I hoard I still have mine)  Happy Monsters! 

I thought about pulling it out and adding a picture but in this internet age I can add a link to YouTube and you can have both a look at the cover and enjoy the story if you like!

CLICK HERE

Now I did do some Sunday Stitching but was having problems getting my tech to work so there was no post for that so her is an update on that project.



Dark Purple and the last of the mid pink all done.

Now click on over to see what my BFF is up to and if you were wondering about that little project, she started last week and what it might be, well she has finished it so you can see.

BFF Link

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I would say that is a chorister? Holding a song sheet.
I don't recall that programme/album at all! We had a few vinyl records in that era such as The Goodies, The Muppets and Snoopy's Christmas but nothing with Happy Monsters LOL

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I think it looks like an ood from Dr Who....and my BFF thinks the Sunday Stitchings look like fancy handbags.