Saturday 31 October 2020

Trick or Treat ? Halloween blog hop 2020

 here we are in this most strange of years doing familiar things which give us a certain comfort.

In  this instance the Halloween hop as arranged by Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching. Click here for link. Now if you have not arrived here having hopped your way from Jo's blog you might like to go there to get the starting point for the blog and your letter collecting.

This year I completed a small stich from a free pattern which oddly enough was gridded fifteen by fifteen stitches not the normal ten by ten! Which I did not notice till I started, it was quite odd.

I also changed the spiders silk which on the original was in full stitches to the single strand, and a bit of a change to its legs for the same reason.

I stitched it on white, but played around with the filter option on the edit to give it a little bit more spook for the occasion.




Now had I not already sewn it ready I might have tried to complete Durene Jones free Halloween Sal when it came out. You may recall I used one of her designs for last years hop.  Maybe another year I will give that a go. This year it would have been a little too much for me to have felt confident I would get it finished in time unless I worked my fingers..


to the bone, as the saying goes. The above is a little peek at an ongoing project of mine.


Here is my letter and punctuation mark (note that latter is important) punctuation is always important.


 

I hope you can see the letter and punctuation mark this tiny backstitch black cat and its ball of wool represent ...but just in case (as it was quite typically one of the less clear letters in the cat alphabet) here it is again in a more legible if less fun format E,

Now you have your letter head off to the next stop in the hop theflashingscissors to collect further parts of the target word or maybe it is a phrase this year and enter it at Jo's blog.

Good luck....


15 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

A cute little owl!
It has been a strange year, here’s hoping the next one will be more normal perhaps!?
Thank you for the letter, love the little cat!
Nice to visit today, and a Happy Halloween to you!
Hugs,
Barbara x

jocondine said...

Bonjour ! This cat alphabet is so cute! Thanks for the letter and "Joyeux Halloween". xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Halloween Blog Hop this year.
I stitched that cute freebie too. Jacquie used to be a very active member of the blogging community, I do miss her posts!
I also like that black cat alphabet, it's on my stitch list. One day!

cheryl said...

Cute and spooky stitching!
Happy Halloween!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your modifications on this owl stitch are effective.
Thanks for the letter E,
Happy Halloween.

Mary's Thread said...

Thank you for the letter! Your owl is very nice and I am eager to see your larger project-it looks intense! Happy Halloween!

Astrids dragon said...

A very sweet owl with his friend, the spider.
I guessed right, that kitty is an E!

Sheryl said...

Love your little owl and spider. Thank you for the letter and happy Halloween.

RONI said...

Can't quite believe that it's Halloween already my friend. Love the owl and spider, they're a cute pair.

Lauriejo said...

I've been stitching for decades and have never seen a chart gridded 15 x 15. Very odd, but he is very cute. Thank you for the clarification on the cat letter.

Tiffstitch said...

That is a great owl and what a strange way to grid. I'm glad it didn't throw you off. Very cool cat letter too!

Beth in IL said...

Very fun!!

Christine said...

Great Stitching! Thanks for the letter!

Katie said...

Finally found time to hop. Love your little Halloween cutie. Thanks for sharing.

Leonore Winterer said...

Such dedication to even stitch the letter! Thank you. And cute stitching too!