Saturday 8 August 2020

Summer blog hop Stitching friends are friends who count

so this summer when physical meeting up with friends is not something most of us are in a position to do, Jo over at serendipitousstitching is hosting a hop with a difference where we can find , met and  hopefully get to know new friends in the blogaverse.

Basically each participating blogger has been provided with a link to the blog of another participant and we have had a week to read, research, learn and then come back to our own blog and introduce our new friend. At the same time, someone is doing the same with my blog (oh exciting and scary in equal measure). There is a list of all the participating blogs over on Jo's (link above)

It was also suggested you might like to do this as a bit of a guessing game so I won't say who I have till the end of my post, there will of course be clues, however I will be adding links to individual posts from that blog as I go (the text will be a  different colour where there is a link) so if you do want to guess leave off clicking links till the end. But if you skip to the end in mystery books because you just can't wait then follow the links to your hearts content. 

                            Explanation and introduction done, time to meet and greet my





blogger!

I have a lady who like myself lives in England and near the sea (mind you are never more than 70 miles from the sea in our country wherever you are) but it is not the same sea that each of us see.  She is in a county I have never visited (an omission I should rectify) that points out into the Celtic Sea on one side and the English Channel on the other.  A wife and mother of two (girls watch them grow on her blog) with an interesting variety of jobs exceeded only by the breath of her crafting interests, my focus blogger has been sharing with the world via blog since 2007 building up a following numbered in hundreds (oh I can only dream).  Sadly I was not able to read all of her earliest posts as the text was almost the same shade as the background for me but the pictures told a tale all of their own, which is not surprising as she is a photographer and a dab hand at it too.

Like my own blog there is not a set crafting focus but a variety,  quilting, knitting, jewellery making, baking, flower arranging, lace making, cross stitch, embroidery and she makes clothes! Sometimes several of her interests are shared in each post.

Some of those things I either do or have tried my hand at (some with more success than others) which makes me appreciate  her ability to create.  Indeed the title of her blog has a dual purpose hinting as it does to some of her career choices and her ability to transform items and create something through a seemingly magical process.  (if you are playing the guessing game to see if this is a familiar blog, or even your own then this is a big clue). It also has a little nod to the mythical nature of her home.

She likes to participate in exchanges, challenges, SAL's and Jo's blog hops throughout the year, she also runs a little guess the numbers challenge of her own.  Guess the number of books read, the number of projects finished and the number of shoes purchased in the year! That tells you some of her primary interests, to those add Shakespeare, Austin (the author not the car), Si Fi to in her words the level of Geek that requires its own Christmas tree. (I am rather fond of some of those SiFi films, programs, books and characters myself ).

Lets not forget her delight in a particular species of winged but flightless bird....Penguins! You will find lots of penguins in various medium, they appear to be to her as dragons are to me.

The last part of the rules for this hop is to share something I think this sister blogger would like based on my visits to her blog.  I get to share either something I have made,  an image of something off the intranet or a pattern 

Well I do have a penguins. cross stitch 


and penguins and oh look a green penguin!


 and a Star Wars pyrography







 and I have this alphabet pattern, pulled from Cross Stitcher April 2019 with the thought it might be used for an acquaintance of mine with  a serious shoe and bag habit......



that perhaps Christine in her Alchymyst's Study might appreciate.  So go on click on THE Link  and visit for yourself. 








9 comments:

RONI said...

It's been very exciting to participate in my first blog hop with you my friend. Enjoying an indulgent moment of peace with the blog hop and a sunny conservatory for stitching and reading.

Christine said...

Yay it's me!!!
I love the penguin ornament you shred, and your lace butterfly is just perfect.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Glad you liked it Christine.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I think you captured Christine's interests, which as you say are varied.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What lovely ideas you have given Christine, a lovely write up for her .

Tiffstitch said...

Great description! A wonderful overview of her talents.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop. Wonderful write-up, if I didn't already follow her I would be straight over there now!
The Lace Butterfly is particularly beautiful.

Astrids dragon said...

Yay, it was Christine, I got it! Those penguins are adorable, how can you not love them?

Faith... said...

I love your penguins too! They are my grandson's favorite. That Lace Heart is so pretty.