Wednesday 15 January 2020

Gifted georgesness link up January 2020

Well here we are at the 15th of the month already and I have received a couple of gifts I want to share and joining in with Serendipitous Stitching's gifted-gorgeousness-sal-. feels like a good place to do it.  Even if both are not cross stitch or even sewing related.  But then I do tend to do a variety of things on my blog..and so


The first a Christmas themed Christmas gift from my pen pal




The carrot button for the nose is very cute and this hanging decoration will be coming out every year from now on.

And the second, well it is a fun little item from my BFF.


the tooth pick is to provide scale (LOL as in the size not the other kind associated with dragons)

So it did require an addition...chocolate.

Not a lot of chocolate as it is not very large.

A little pot intended for the melting of a certain brand of wax wrapped cheese came in handy.



I melted just two squares of chocolate, I think half a square would have been enough for this test of my gift, but then I would not have had the excess to eat.

pour it in the mould.



and wait....not a patient person...put it in the fridge and wait....

then

carefully peel it out of the mould.....

the claw on the wing I did manage to fill did not come out, well I had not got chocolate in the other so that evened out.

The tear drop area in the loop of the tail was being stubborn, would it snap?

And

Moulded chocolate dragon


dinky chocolate dragon.

a few air bubbles here and there, perhaps the chocolate needed to be a bit runnier.

So if I wanted to make decorations for a cake or cakes well it works but I would need to keep them chilled as it is so delicate it started to soften and melt just at normal room temperature.

So it briefly decorated my tongue, and then it was gone.

Me being me I am of course wondering what else I might safely use in my mould that might be of a more lasting nature! 

Still it was fun and I got to eat chocolate and it made a jolly accompanying gift to a book, The Dragon with the Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burges which formed part of my gift.




9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Oh I love your dragon .... I could picture the entire event, especially your face as you are the chocolate;-)

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful gift and what a fun mold! Well done getting it out in one piece as well. I've heard you have to kind of bang the molds to get the air bubbles out, so that may help?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
The snowman is cute but the dragon is amazing! I need a chocolate dragon now. You could also make ice with it and have a dragon floating in your drinks!

Kaisievic said...

Clever girl, making a chocolate dragon.

Elfie said...

Such lovely gifts! The chocolate dragon mould is absolutely delightful. Such fun!

Faith... said...

Love your gifts! That snowman is a cute one. The dragon is very interesting! You will be able to make dragons time and again; yummy!

Julie said...

A delicious looking chocolate dragon.
Hopping over here from Jo's link up page.

Bethan said...

That's a great mould - and the chocolate came out well considering how delicate parts of it are!

Astrids dragon said...

Such a sweet snowman from your pen pal!
Oh wow, that dragon, I love it! I think a chocolate dragon a day would be wonderful.