Wednesday 1 January 2020

2020 a new year and a new decade

so am I sharing a finish? no sadly I am not although 2019 did have some finishes, a few bags a few Sunday stitching projects bits and bobs here and there you can look back at the posts for 2019 to see them all.

What I am sharing is a progress image a year on from last New Years Day post I am happy with the progress made and hope to keep up the momentum this year.


However, there may be a challenge to the time spent on this particular project from another that has been waiting in the wings for a long time as my nearly-almost-started project from December 2018, has actually been started.  Material in hoop and thread in material started!



 a little detail of the progress so far as proof. 

Hoping it will not take as long to finish as it did to get to this point, or indeed as the previous one in the set took.

And which have I worked on today?
So far neither. I made a pie.




Corn beef, onion and potato and I made the pastry myself....I am not much of a cook so fingers crossed it is OK.  There were scraps left over very like when I make a quilt or perhaps to some they would be orts but as with my sewing bits....I made a little one..


It looks a bit better than the big one to be honest. Mind on occasion that happens with the crafting too, the projects made from bits have a better impact than the well planed.

After posting this I might just turn my hand to a bit of sewing but which set of angels, the two or the three will be singing Halleluiahs I have not as yet decided.

Hoping you all have a great New Year and a great new decade with lots of finishes and the only knots the ones you choose. 

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Of course I had to go back and look at the previous posts to really appreciate your progress!
Both are stunning and the Angels are going to be very interesting to follow. I do hope the transferred picture stays on the fabric!

Bethan said...

That pie looks so yum! Is your piece with the gold thread all embroidery? I look forward to seeing more of it x

Faith... said...

It looks like a yummy pie! You did make some great stitching progress, congratulations. I just love how that piece looks.

Happy New Years!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Yes the new angels project will be all embroidery, a full coverage piece.