Monday 23 September 2019

Sampler quilt Needle turned

Well I got it finished, I think I am finished with it...when I come to put the whole top together I might decide it needs another colour in the middle to bring the blocks together.  I did see a variation in the book with a circle in the middle so that remains an option.



The sewing method did grow on me a bit as I progressed and it did produce a smoother  looking edge that the previous turning method so I am not counting it out just yet. Indeed the next pattern in the book is a combination pattern  with the possibility of repeating this method.

I notice that the book has two patterns left to go (not including the skipped one) so once they are done I will have to come up with two more, one to replace the bias binding patch and one to bring the number up to twenty.  The book did allow  for a repeat pattern. 

No comments: