Tuesday 29 April 2014

Quilting, split rail fence..almost

I started a split rail quilt (in blue, lilac and white the colours are not to easy to see in this picture). I got all muddled up with it and could not figure out what I was doing.

I decided not to keep going with the rail fence and to make it the middle for a quilt instead.

A mix of eight rail block not used for the middle, bits patches, some big bits to make it up to size and there was a top made.

I hand quilted it with stylised tulips round  the edge and in the furrow for the middle.

It made a nice house warming gift for an acquaintance who had a tendency to fall asleep in front of the TV. She said that with her new quilt she did not wake up freezing.



Although it was not what I envisioned when I started it was pleasant enough when finished and utterly unique!

One of theses days I may have another go at a split rail and get it right.

No comments: