Thursday 11 November 2021

A different sort of bitty BFF SAL (the Christmas one)

 My BFF was filling in bits here and there of various characters having completed  the BIG onion, which I decided was not for me.

I managed to fit in my two hours of dispensation time and worked on my plan to fill in the onion space. Directional single strand half stitches in shades of blue.

Another one of my random variegated threads it took some time to get the stitches to be shading in as I wanted them and be sort of random at the same time.  Random is very tricky.

I am not sure how much I like the straight line bits but I don't dislike them enough to take them out and perhaps the next step of the star will settle my mind on that score.




Once the sky was done I moved on to the shepherd's crook. The pattern has it as backstitch in three strands and was a bit fancier and curlier than my mental image of a useful work a day crook. So mine is three strands couched and a simpler shape.

So I am all set to do the "new" and fancy bit, the star. However, as you will see if you pop over to my BFF's blog she has done the onion which took time so she is not expecting to be ready for the stars by out next session so I am going to paus till she is. And maybe do some other crafting instead.

CLICK HERE to see my BFF's progress and that BIG onion.

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You can really see the picture now all the backstitch is done! The star is going to be a lovely finishing touch.