Thursday 20 May 2021

BFF Sal 3 all Knotted

 happily in this case that refers to the Celtic knots on the cross and not to knots on my thread. I did have a few slippy thread issues and the larger knot being a true knot (the smaller ones are interlinked loops) was interesting. Pleased with how they turned out.

Then moved onto the backstitching, I have stuck with the colour as per the pattern for round the cross, but once more deviated for the edge, I am using the same colour as the stitches to keep it back from the cross and let the cross come forward.


I remain undecided about those corners and am hoping that as the backstitching goes on I will firm up in my mind what I want here.  Still at least I am sure it won't be a lazy daisy!


Funny the material looks grey in this picture. My BFF and I had a fun night discussing our stitching and much laughter was had.

This is a link to her blog  Click here for link

If you want to look at other knots Click here for knots

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitching and design.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This looks beautiful. I still think some pale backstitch in a net effect would look nice for the corners. I don't like lazy daisies either!