Tuesday 1 October 2019

Sampler Quilt. Honey Bee block finished.

As previously noted I decided to do the needle turn method of the applique elements of this block.  It did indeed produce a nice edge but I did struggle with the placement.

I drew onto the bock where the pieces should go.  I lined up the points with pins, pinned in place and then tacked and then, of course! They magically moved. 

The block remains within the general style of the quilt and the moto of this blog so I am not dissatisfied with my choice.

I used washable marker pens by Crayola to mark out the placement lines and the sewing lines.  This is the block after rinsing and pressing.

Honey Bee
It is squarer than my picture makes it look!

Mulling over the colour choices for the next block.  Admittedly a little with the "replacement" block options in mind.  I doubt anyone who also frequents quilting pages on Facebook will be surprised at what that is going to be.

Then one other additional block to make it up to the 20, sizing and...getting ahead of myself.  Grape basket (also seen it called a flower basket is next) and to paraphrase some scripture  let today's block be sufficient unto the day!

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Si, te entiendo. Las aplicaciones tienen esa pequeña particularidad: tienen su propio pensamiento y deciden moverse libremente por el bloque a medida que van a ser cosidos.
No te preocupes por eso, y sigue.
Un abrazo grande.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Sorry to leave it so very late to reply to this comment, I was not always getting notified when they arrived. Thank you so much for the encouragement and for leaving a comment.