Tuesday 29 October 2019

Blog hop 2019

If you visited this post before 2 November 2019 then you will have had a different experience to those visiting after that date.  Why, well because of a mix up by my internet provider I had no internet access at home in the run up to Halloween.

Whilst I had my stitching all ready, I had no idea what letter I was to share or access to my blog to share it.

A code and password for temporary wifi access was sadly no help until today as the signal did not reach my home. Not sure what made it work today!

So having tried various options and with a promised fix after the blog date it was off to the library, firstly to read my e-mail from Jo and get the letter and then to get into blogger to write a very basic picture less post that would at least ensure the letter would be available on time for those raring to start hopping as soon as 31st got underway.

So I am updating now to add the picture that should have made its appearance sooner.

This is based on a free patten from Durene Jones she shared on Facebook this year, she has an etsy  page under Durene J Cross Stitch.  I played around with the size, the thread and left some elements off.  The pattern is delightful in the way it allows for that.

The original design is sewn using two strands on 14 count 27 stitches by 106 giving a finished design size of 1.9 by 7.6 inches and using 5 shades of DMC thread.
Mine is sewn using one thread over one on grey linen.  Actually, on some of the off cuts from framing Nantucket Rose. Resulting in a finished size just over 1 inch by just a shade over 3 inches.
I used random threads form my collection of non-branded thread and 6 shades in total plus a little extra something for the details on the face. 




I think she is rather cute…now some of you who have been popping in for a visit for a while will figure out quite easily what the little extra something for the back stitch is, and for any one else here is a little clue  (it was popular with the Victorians.


So the letter is U...I know nothing fancy but at least it is there I will see if I can pretty it up later if I get the chance.

The next page is http://alchymyst.blogspot.com/

and I hope you have fun with the hop

Just in case you want a little Halloween from my blog try these links to previous years.

bat

bear

pumpkin

witch

Oh and if you did not arrive here from the hop home page just head on over to serendipitous stitching (there is a link on the right of this blog) and join in the fun.


15 comments:

The Crafty Princess said...

Thank you for the letter. I hope this is all fixed for you as stated. I think we forget how much we rely on the internet until it's gone. Happy Halloween xo

jocondine said...

Library are always the right place to be! Sorry to hear about the internet problem. Could be the more frightening post no connection for Halloween blog hop! Thank you for the letter. xxx Amitiés

cheryl said...

Hope your internet is fixed soon. I enjoyed your Halloween stitching from previous years. Happy Halloween!

Tiffstitch said...

Thank you! I was having issues last night too. Happy Halloween!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop this year.

Hope the internet is soon up and running for you again.

Shelly said...

I've had to go to the library too to use their computers! We're given an hour's time to do whatever. Cute stitchings from previous years!

Astrids dragon said...

Darn internet! I'm glad you were still able to post and your past Halloween stitching makes up for not being able to include a photo this time!

Beth in IL said...

So sad about the internet.

Clare-Aimetu said...

How annoying! Thank you for the letter, Happy Halloween 🦇

Katie said...

I'm haunting my way through collecting letters. Sorry to hear you are having internet issues. How did we live without it before. Thanks for the letter.

Faith... said...

She is adorable!

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad to hear your issues have cleared up - thanks for all the efoort to get the letter to us in time!

Bethan said...

I have found you via Jo's blog hop. Your witch is so cute! I'm intrigued about what you used as the little extra for the back stitch. Thank you for the letter x

Ariadne said...

A cute pattern. AriadnefromGreece!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

That little extra for the backstitch was..hair, my hair. As I said very Victorian.