Sunday 26 May 2019

Back to Sunday Stitching ?

It has been awhile since I have had a set Sunday Stitching project.  I was using little cover kits, the delight being all the things needed were there.

When I ran out, well I was doing a bit of this and that, but not being organised and feeling rushed.

Then I recalled something I bought years ago (a craft club item)  book of patterns that came with the thread , just adding the material and a needle sounded good. 

Off to the cupboard where I was sure I recalled it was waiting...I was looking for an All Our Yesterdays book, and indeed it was there, as was a Country Companions  one of the same format.



As it had a wider variety of sized patterns I decided to go with the Country Companions.  The thread came presorted, on cards, I found some fabric



And made a start, first colour, check the symbol, find it in the key, find it on the card and a new Sunday stitching is started ..not too many stitches in that colour, change to the next same process, symbol, key, colour on the card, sew.


Bit more in that colour, not a huge amount as I have chosen to start with one of the smaller designs. So on to the third colour, symbol, key..thread on card....wait, no thread on card...no number for this thread on the card?

Oh, ah well pick another, oh dear same result, and the next.  Now given that these missing shades are the colours for Ed's face, and a lot of these patterns have Ed in them this is a bit of a surprise and a disappointment.

Now I am sure to have those shades in my collection, so it is not a disaster of unable to proceed proportions but it does take away the easy in a bag option I was hoping for.

It is so past too late to raise it as a ? with the firm I purchased it from and of course puts a question mark over the thread supplied with the All Our Yesterdays set.

Also a bit surprised at myself that I did not notice when I was drawing a thread off from each colour for starting ease that there was for instance no white, there is a fair amount of white in quite a few of the designs.

Ah well, I don't suppose I will be buying in this format again anyway , I don't get tempting joining offers for craft clubs arriving through the post anymore.  But if I did I would better read the small print, as perhaps it just said a selection of threads came with rather than all the threads ,I will admit I did not expect that the thread would necessarily be sufficient to sew all 21 of the designs included but I was thinking there would be a bit of everything needed to make a start.

So I now need to look at all the symbols, key and check what threads I am missing and get them sorted out and added for next week...just need to get myself organised.

 Wasn't that where I came in?


3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's not very satisfying, discovering some of the main colours are missing! Too late to send it back now though.

Faith... said...

Well that stinks! Hope you can fill in the missing colors and turn this into the Sunday stitch you were looking for.

Astrids dragon said...

So frustrating when everything you think should be there, isn't! I hope you've sorted it out by now!