Sunday 17 February 2019

Same shades

but still making progress, even with a little pop over to the quilting side of my crafting persona.

A new blended thread colour is required to get the main part of the robe and the top of the torches finished.

Well that and hunting down the fractional Ninja stitches hiding in all those folds of material.

Cross stitch



Not sure if it is my picture taking or if I will need to do some blocking when it is finished as the right side looks to have pulled across a little on this picture.


As I have worked there have been some joyful moments when I have run out of thread in my bobbinated box.

The top three layers are on bobbins and sorted by number. The next three have the skeins sorted into groups, so all 200, then the 300 and so on. They are strung on a bit of string. 



Yarn storage in a bag






and the joy in running out, going to the skein  spares box and finding what I needed.


Thread storage


It feels strangely satisfying using up thread from the stash and at the same time the used thread is going on a list to reorder as soon as I require enough to make the postage worth it.  The local shop is more expensive and therefore for emergency's only. Mind given I bought a lot of this thread at the same time as this pattern and in the same place (Utah, and on sale) any replacement purchase is a big increase in the price. 

1 comment:

Faith... said...

I can imagine looking for the fractional stitches can be annoying but it is such a beautiful piece. Your extra skeins are much more organized than mine! I just have my extras thrown in a ziploc bag.