Thursday 25 October 2018

Quaker Sheep

I have posted about two projects so far made with material gifted from another quilter doggy-bag and playing-cat-and-mouse.

A new work colleague with whom I share this hobbie and who shares stashletts, eggs and stories of mad chickens, grumpy pregnant sheep and stroppy horses.

So what do you make for a fellow quilter who keeps sheep?

Well in this case a cross stitch sheep.  

With a hint of  quilt?

Quaker Sheep.


Cross stitch of a sheep with quilt
Quaker Sheep


The original pattern called for the whole sheep to be in the same shade of oatmeal.

Once I had chosen the material I decided that the "quilt" section needed some colour. 

It is not my usual style, however I rather like the look of this chunky sheep on its spindly little legs.

Happily so did Nikita.


No comments: