Sunday 7 October 2018

Logcabin variation duvet cover 1

In mini-mint.l I shared a patchwork cover made for a small duvet.  It was not the first cover made for that particular duvet.

Previous covers were made with my go to pattern of the time, logcabin. The size required some rethinking.  The normal sizes I had worked with allowed for even numbers of squares, generally four by six for the lap size.

The duvet was four by five.

For the first variation I went with a diagonal stripe arrangement. 

Logcabin duvet cover





A lot of the books I have seen since completing  my first logcabin recommend small prints or solids.  I have rather delighted in using large patterns and seeing how the slices of colour reform as the log cabin forms.












In this instance using two colourways of the same material, one with more orange tones and the other more purple. I like the way this came out.



Close ups of the sliced up material resewn.





No comments: