Wednesday 25 April 2018

Modified Roman Stripe

Finished

All the quilting done (I did not go with the free motion quilting on the edge.  The hand quilting had turned out so nicely I did not want to take the chance of messing it up.

The binding was not quite as planed I had intended to do the fold, sew, fold over and and sew the folded edge on the back of the quilt.

That's what I did for the short edges. The long edges I had to do as a single piece of material with hems at front and back.  Both resulted in a thin binding which is all I wanted so to the good.

I did hand sew the binding in both versions on the back of the quilt.  I did a good chunk of that watching the 2016 final of Australian Masterchef. Yes it was a repeat and I had not watched any of the earlier rounds.  What a contrast to the format of the UK version! Anyway it was suitable company to the sewing without being distracting.

The weather has even cooperated going from the warmest April  day here in the UK on record back to the normal nip in the air Spring weather.  Much more suitable for quilt gifting.


Roman stripe quilt a variation



Funny the way the light in the picture makes some of the blue triangles darker than others.  It is the same material for all the large blue triangles. 


No comments: