Friday 3 February 2017

A Sampler Quilt- a pile of cubes

Time to stack the cubes. The first three cubes went together OK, adding the bottom three was another matter. Possibly I was being overly optimistic in my last post about the percentage of persuasion compared to precision in piling my cubes together.

So with some joins and points totally reflecting my crafting moto,(see above). 

Here is the pile.

Blue topped patchwork cubes
Even with the struggles to get the edges to meet (bottom right set was the worst) it did not take too long putting them together. A single episode of Death in Paradise plus half an hour.  Of course difficult to estimate actual true stitching time when watching the telly as some bits need more watching than others (yup program and sewing alike)

Now the background is my carpet, it has made several appearances before, and the arrangement above, with the dark to the top, mid shade to the left and light to the right is the way it is set out in the book. 

I plan to attach the pile of blocks to a square of pale pink. Now the wondrous and yet also perplexing aspect of this design is you can rotate it. Oh rotations lead to decisions being required.

light from the left?
light from the top

Not sure which I prefer, not sure at all.

Must dig out the pale pink and try it against that, it may help me focus.

No comments: